Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2nd Grade Op Art - Hidden Shapes



Second grade is the best! Look at how good they are...
  In this lesson, I used a PowerPoint from Ms. Brown's website http://www.mrsbrownart.com/2nd.htm which helped the students learn what Op Art is all about.  They also learned about Complementary colors  - if you stare at one color for a long time, sometimes you will see the opposite of that color when you stare into a blank space.  So hopefully when you stare at their pictures for long enough, the shapes will start to disappear!

3 comments:

  1. I love these weavings! Would you share the lesson?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This i great! I found this blog on pinterest and will definitely be trying this with my kiddos!
    I just had to comment because I saw that you are from Whitman, I grew up in Hanson! Small world! :-)

    ReplyDelete