Thursday, November 10, 2011

My very first post


One of my first lessons with the Kindergarten kiddy's...to celebrate our new Eastern Painted Turtle friend in the science room! 
Every Kindergarten and 1st grade lesson that I teach will start with a story.  For this lesson I read the book How the Turtle Got it's Shell by Justine Fontes
 Before working as an Art Teacher, I worked at an Aquarium where we try very hard to teach children that turtles can NOT leave their shell...but the story was too cute to pass up.  (Plus I tell them that turtles can't really leave their shells...just to make myself feel better! )
The kids had a lot of fun giving the turtle a colorful shell.  A good tip for this lesson is watered down glue in cups with paintbrushes..it's just easier that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment